The Best CPAP Machine Reviews 2017
Obstructive sleep apnea is a very vexing and even dangerous sleeping disorder. It causes heavy snoring, sleep disturbances and it will often result in you feeling tired and irritable all day. Luckily, we have CPAP machines. These devices are designed to introduce a steady stream of air via a mask into you airways in order to keep them open.
*Note: Several Philips Respironics CPAP machines are no longer listed on Amazon and has been “replaced” by the Respironics DSX600T. We do not know when or if this will change, but you’re safe going with the DSX600T option.
The Five Best Selling CPAP Machines:
- COMFORTABLE AND EASY TO WEAR - This soft silicone guard creates gentle suction around the tongue, which holds it in place to help prevent blocked airways and snoring that ensues
- GREAT BENEFITS - Helps prevent snoring, clencing, and tooth grinding
- HOW IT WORKS - The guard creates gentle suction around the tongue, which keeps it from obstructing the airway in the back of your throat, which reduces snoring
- One of the smallest travel CPAP on the market with great pricing. The power supply is build-in so only a cord is external. Super compact and quiet. Dimension for the machine alone is (W x D x H) 5.8"...
- For Neuroscience Medical customers only, please email Neuroscience Medical with any questions for technical support.
- DreamStationBiPAP Pro devices are designed to be as comfortable and easy to experience
- With humidifier and heated tube
- Apex Medical presents the brand new iCH II (second generation, item#SF07109) with additional features! The new iCH II APAP added compliance data on the machine display, enhanced auto-titration...
- Not your average Therapy machine! Apex Medical offers this system with PVA and Built in Heated Humidifier. The iCH is a super quiet Auto-PAP machine with Auto Pressure Titration and Adjusting...
- Clinical effective auto-titration technology and effective humidifier system. Built-In Heated Humidifier with Anti Back-Flow Humidifier Design.
- 1094051 new retail package
- Nasal mask for open field of vision and easier side sleeping
- Light, compact design for a more comfortable and natural fit
The 5 Best CPAP Machines:
Below we have listed the 5 best CPAP machines currently on the market, based on their overall value offering.
1. DreamStation Respironics dx500t11
The first item on our list is the DreamStation Respironics dx500t11. This device is very smart and intuitive, and extremely easy to use, but highly powerful, all the while staying very subtle and quiet.
DreamStation Respironics features a very nice LCD screen, as well as a dial. The items on the menu can be highlighted using the dial, and selected using the button on top. The device has several modes to accommodate you, which include preheating and easy mode, which increases the air pressure slowly. The easy mode is very good for people who haven’t had experience with CPAP machines before, so they can adjust to it well.
The device also has a very intuitive mode that tracks your breathing and adjusts the air pressure. If you want the device to keep a steady air pressure, you can gauge it using the dial, and have the machine not change it.
DreamStation Respironics also comes with two filters, one disposable and one finer and washable. You also get an SD card which will store data the machine gathers, because DreamStation constantly keeps track of any changes. Lastly, the machine features a humidifier that is very intuitive too, and it will adjust to the temperature and humidity of the air in your room to avoid dry mouth or nose (depending on the mask you use).
• Intuitive, powerful and quiet.
• Fits any mask or tube (heated or no).
• Several modes to choose from.
• Large LCD screen.
• Comes with a humidifier, filters and the SD card.
• Some customers report that some machines can be pretty loud.
2. DreamStation – Auto 500
Another DreamStation 500 model, the DreamStation Auto 500 is a very adaptive machine. It features many auto-adjust functions that will make using this machine a breeze. DreamStation Auto 500 also comes with a built-in humidifier that can be easily taken off and cleaned.
The device has something called the EZ mode. This mode makes the machine start out slow and move on up, gradually increasing the pressure. This is excellent for first-time users, as this gives them an opportunity to adjust. The humidifier is also auto-adjustable, as it has a sensor that lets it detect the temperature and humidity level of the air in your bedroom, and adjust to it to avoid problems such as dryness of the nose or mouth.
Like the previous DreamStation, DreamStation Auto 500 is compatible with all masks and tubes.
• Auto-adjustable air pressure level.
• EZ mode is very useful for first-time users.
• Humidifier automatically sets the humidity level to reflect the air humidity in your bedroom.
• The machine is a bit on the expensive side.
3. Apex Medical XT Auto Machine
Halfway through, we have the Apex Medical XT Machine. Among the lightest and smallest on the market, XT Auto is perfectly suited for traveling. It has can also operate in the range of 100-240 V, making it viable for use in countries outside the USA.
This particular model comes with the humidifier, so you don’t have to order one separately. This device is very adaptable to its user through the Auto-Adjusting Algorithm. This algorithm allows the machine to adjust to your breathing and increase or decrease the pressure. The same thing happens with the humidifier (if you are using one), as the machine will regulate the humidity to makes sure there is no condensation in the tube or mask, and you don’t experience dryness.
The device also features an auto-adjustment for leaks. If the mask should leak air, XT will make sure that you get enough air and it will compensate for the leakage. The device will also compensate for air pressure differences up to 8000 ft, and will adjust for your breathing cycle by reducing the pressure as you exhale to ensure a more comfortable therapy.
• Very small and light, perfect for traveling.
• The machine has plenty of auto-adjustment features to completely automatize its use.
• Automatically adjust for leakage of the mask.
• Does not come with a humidifier
4. Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE
Second up, we have the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE. For those wanting an entry level machine, REMstar SE is the one for you. Costing just under $250, REMstar gives you an excellent balance between performance and price.
REMstar is a very compact, but very powerful machine. It has a pressure range of 4-20 cm H2O. The device has an LCD screen where you can track the pressure and other data, such as usage time, the number of sleep events, etc.
REMstar does have a humidifier, and is very intuitive. The mask has sensors that determine the level of humidity that will benefit the patient. That being said, the machine will ramp the humidity up if it determines that the patient will benefit from the air being more humid than just preventing your mouth from getting dry.
The device comes with a mask, a filter, and an SD card. The humidifier is purchased separately.
• Compact and powerful.
• Easy to set up.
• Intuitive humidity controls.
• Does not come with a humidifier.
5. Apex Medical XT Machine with Heated Humidifier
Right after XT Auto, we’re presenting the XT Fit CPAP machine with a heated humidifier. If you would like to get a humidifier with your purchase, we suggest you get this particular model.
However, different from the XT Auto, the XT Fit does not come with automatic features. The machine is, however, every effective despite the lack of these modes, and you can easily personalize the machine.
XT Fit has a very neat LCD screen (as does Auto) which you can use to track data and set up the machine every night. The humidifier comes with this item, and it has a sensor that lets is adjust to the humidity and temperature in your room, as well as increase the humidity if it determines that the patient will benefit from that.
XT Fit also operates within a 100-240 V range, and is equally small and portable as the XT Auto without the humidifier.
• Light and portable.
• Comes with an SD card that you can store data on.
• Quite powerful.
• Comes with a humidifier.
• Does not have auto functions (aside from the humidifier).
Well, there you have it, the top five CPAP machines. If you’ve been diagnosed with OSA, then one of these excellent devices might just relieve your troubles, so be sure to check them out.