Avoid Common Water Heater Problems With Maintenance
Do you have a hot water heater? If you do, then you must maintain it properly to avoid hot water heater problems. However, some things are inevitable and you might encounter a problem. If you haven’t encountered a problem yet or you’re planning to get yourself a hot water heater, then you should not be oblivious on the problems that may arise with this machine. It is better that you are aware of them so you will be able to take every precaution to avoid them.
Common Hot Water Heater Problems
Here are some of the most common hot water heater problems:
1. Water becoming too hot – this is one of the most common hot water heater problems. To be able to overcome this problem, check the thermostat of your heater and make sure that it is set correctly. However, if it doesn’t work, it is possible that the heater may have some leaks that you have to check.
2. Low water pressure – you can overcome this problem as well by cleaning the shower head and clearing it of sediment or hard water deposits. A fine needle would be very helpful to do this task because it can easily go through the holes of the shower head. You can also replace this particular fixture or press the “reset” button on the heater. If none of these solutions work, there is something wrong with your thermostat or maybe something worse.
3. Water tank leak – another common hot water heater problems. There are a lot of causes why there are leaks, it can be something is just loose or it might be because of the tank, etc. If you are not familiar in doing this type of work, it is best that you leave this to the expert. Don’t use any techniques or fix it on your own especially if you are not confident that you can do a fantastic job with it.
4. Noisy water heater – with this kind of problem, you can drain the tank and flush it. Check out other areas that have rusted. Make sure that these areas are replaced.
Those are some of the common hot water heater problems that you should be aware of.
Proper maintenance to avoid hot water heater problems
Having a hot water heater needs proper maintenance. Check your hot water heater from time to time to ensure that there are no problems or problems will be resolved right away. Also, when you encounter a problem with your hot water heater, check if your machine is still under warranty so you can have the unit replaced or repaired for free.
Research more about it before buying!
We do love our hot showers after a long day at work and whenever the weather is cold, that’s why it is very important that a household has a hot water heater for these days. However, one must always remember that having one is a responsibility and it should be taken care of properly. As much as possible, before you purchase a unit, research about it first and buy the best one out there to ensure safety.
Water Heater Maintenance
Do you have a water heater at home? If you do, then you must know how to maintain it. Water heater maintenance is very important and all water heater owners should definitely know how to maintain their machines or units. Maintaining your water hater can prolong its life and this will help you save more money and at the same time, get your money’s worth as well.
Water Heater Maintenance Guide
Here is a guide in water heater maintenance:
• Dial down the temperature
• Test the temperature and pressure
• Do a flush
How to do water heater maintenance
The first step for water heater maintenance is to dial down the temperature, how would you do this? First, you have to go to the temperature setting dial on the unit. This will look like a knob on the gas valve or a thermostat if you are using an electric water heater. Now, you have to dial down the temperature down and make sure that it’s between 115 to 120 degrees F. Lowering the temperature will protect the tank from overheating and will reduce the energy utilized to heat the water.
Now for the temperature and pressure relief valve, this is very essential in regards with the proper operation of your unit and it is very important that you don’t forget this when you’re doing your water heater maintenance. To check it, lift the lever part way and let it go and allow it to rapidly snap back. A gurgling sound should be heard but if the valve did nothing, then you should have it replaced.
Last but no the least, in order to do the last water heater maintenance step, the mini flush, first you have to place a bucket under the drain valve that is located near the bottom of the tank. Keep in mind that there are some drain valves that have a handle. Turn the valve counter-clockwise to release gallons of water into the bucket and then close it by turning it clockwise.
Water Heater Maintenance is pretty easy!
There you have it! Water heater maintenance is pretty easy and it doesn’t require too much effort from you. These steps are very important when you are doing your regular maintenance. Since having water heater simply means that you are taking responsibility over the unit and for you to be able to make it a worthy investment, you should learn how to maintain it.
When purchasing a water heater, it is very important that you do a research about water heaters first and how you can maintain one. This is very important, the World Wide Web will provide you with a lot of information that you may need. You can also ask questions or ask help from the store where you will purchase the water heater. Keep in mind that it is always best that if you can do the maintenance on your own because this will save you more money rather than hiring an expert to do the maintenance for you. As you can see, water heater maintenance is pretty easy and very easy to learn.